The Society’s 2017/18 programme of evening talks is set out below. All meetings will be held at the University of Huddersfield on Mondays at 7.30pm in the Brontë Lecture Theatre (room BLG/05).
Admission for non-members is £2.
- 25 September 2017 – English Clergy on the Eve of Reformation – Dr Pat Cullum
- 30 October 2017 – Huddersfield’s Chemical Industry – Professor Mike Page
- 27 November 2017 – A Yorkshire Dialect Treasure Trove – Rod Dimbleby
- 29 January 2018 – Heraldry in 17th Century West Yorkshire Houses as a Sign of Status – Peter Thornborrow
- 26 February 2018 – Stanley Royd: West Riding Asylum – David Scrimgeour
- 26 March 2018 – Marsden Wills – Hazel Seidel
- 30 April 2018 – Luddite Memorial Lecture: Religion and Working Class Radicalism – Dr. Mike Sanders
- 21 May 2018 – West Yorkshire Archive Service – Teresa Nixon
The Lecture Theatre is located on the ground floor of the building marked “03” on the university campus map (PDF).
Blue Badge holders can park on-campus, otherwise the Indoor Market multi-storey car park is only a short walk away from the Lecture Theatre.
To look back at previous seasons, click here.
For details of all upcoming events, including those by other local societies, please see the Upcoming Events Calendar.