The Society’s 2017/18 programme of evening talks is set out below. All meetings will be held at the University of Huddersfield on Mondays at 7.30pm in the Brontë Lecture Theatre (room BLG/05).
Admission for non-members is £2.
- 25 September 2017 – English Clergy on the Eve of Reformation – Dr Pat Cullum
- 30 October 2017 – Huddersfield’s Chemical Industry – Professor Mike Page
- 27 November 2017 – A Yorkshire Dialect Treasure Trove – Rod Dimbleby
- 29 January 2018 – Heraldry in 17th Century West Yorkshire Houses as a Sign of Status – Peter Thornborrow
- 26 February 2018 – Stanley Royd: West Riding Asylum – David Scrimgeour
- 26 March 2018 – Marsden Wills – Hazel Seidel
- 30 April 2018 – Luddite Memorial Lecture: Religion and Working Class Radicalism – Dr. Mike Sanders
- 21 May 2018 – West Yorkshire Archive Service – Teresa Nixon
The Lecture Theatre is located on the ground floor of the building marked “03” on the university campus map (PDF).
For those with mobility problems, there are usually a limited number of parking spaces available on-campus, otherwise the Indoor Market multi storey car park is only a short walk away from the Lecture Theatre.
To look back at previous seasons, click here.
Return to home page