The Society’s current or upcoming programme of evening talks is set out below. All meetings will be held at the University of Huddersfield on Mondays at 7.30pm in the Brontë Lecture Theatre (room BLG/05).
Admission for non-members is £2.
- 24 September 2018 — The Standedge Tunnels — Trevor Ellis
- 29 October 2018 — Conchies On the Run – and the Matter of Ireland — Cyril Pearce
- 26 November 2018 — Nurses of Passchendaele — Christine Hallett
- 28 January 2019 — Holocaust Learning Centre — Emma King
- 25 February 2019 — Dispersal Bussing in Huddersfield during the 1960s and 1970s — Joe Hopkinson
- 25 March 2019 — You Always Remember Your Co-op Number — Stephen Caunce
- 29 April 2019 — Annual Luddite Memorial Lecture — Janette Martin
- 20 May 2019 — Mills of the Huddersfield Area: Their Rise and Fall — Alan Brooke
The Lecture Theatre is located on the ground floor of the building marked “03” on the university campus map (PDF).
Blue Badge holders can park on-campus, otherwise the Indoor Market multi-storey car park is only a short walk away from the Lecture Theatre.
To look back at previous seasons, click here.
For details of all upcoming events, including those by other local societies, please see the Upcoming Events Calendar.