Current members of the Society receive a free complimentary copy of the journal. However, if we can’t tempt you to join today, you can order a copy of the journal for £4.00 (excluding postage). There is also a downloadable PDF version which has the exact same formatting as the print edition but incurs no extra postage costs.
To order the print copy at £5.75 including UK postage, please write to HLHS, 24 Sunnybank Rd, Huddersfield, HD3 3DE, enclosing a cheque payable to Huddersfield Local History Society. Overseas purchasers should use the contact form before ordering so that we can advise you on postage cost.
If you would prefer to order online using PayPal, the journal is available in both print and electronic formats. Please note that UK postage will be calculated at the checkout for the paperback edition. If ordering from overseas, the PDF version incurs no additional costs and can be downloaded immediately, otherwise if ordering the print copy please contact us first so that we can provide a quote for the postage costs.
Paperback (excluding postage)
Contents (96 pages)
- Editorial (Robert Piggott)
NEWS AND EVENTS
- The Society’s Programme of Events 2019-2020
- The Anniversaries Keep Coming!
- The Society’s Publications
- Edward Law History Prize
- Discover Huddersfield, Explore Kirklees
- Kirklees Heritage Forum
- Changing Farming Communities around Huddersfield 1841-1910 (Don Jones & Jo Stanley)
- Five Generations of Mitchells Millwrights of the Holme Valley and Beyond (Sheila Grove)
- Station 312 Reporting… (Cheryl & Matthew Toomey)
- The Huddersfield Cockney (Chris Dixon)
- W. H. Sikes: Photographer of Historic Huddersfield (Peter Burton)
- Dedicated to Service: Emily Frances Siddon (1844-1923) (Peter Marshall)
- Notable Co-operator: Thomas Hirst (1792-1833) (John Halstead)
- Piecing Together the Story of Two Brothers (Christine Piper)
- Pity the Victorian Teacher (Ros Whittaker)
- Samuel Sharpe and Peter MacOwan of Huddersfield College (Myra D. Kavanagh)
- Cyprus: A Forgotten War (Les Smith)
- Christine Verguson
OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
- Dr. George Redmonds (1935-2018)
- Hilary Haigh (1945-2018)
Journal cover photos:
- © Andy Hemingway (Castle Hill at Sunset, Buckstones and Pule Hill)
- © Dave Pattern (Cloth Hall Tower and Ravensknowle Park with Tolson Museum)
- © Kirklees Image Archive (Lockwood Viaduct and Huddersfield c. 1960)