The Society’s current or upcoming programme of evening talks is set out below. All meetings will be held at the University of Huddersfield on Mondays at 7.30pm in the Brontë Lecture Theatre (room BLG/05).
Admission for non-members is £2.
- 30 Sep 2019 — Huddersfield in 50 Buildings? Really? — Chris Marsden
- 28 Oct 2019 — Not Simply Children, Dogs and Tea Cups — Heather Norris Nicholson
- 25 Nov 2019 — Nights out in 1960s Yorkshire: Cabaret, Glamour and Casinos — Dave Russell
- 27 Jan 2020 — “The Boys of the Old Brigade” — John Rumsby
- 24 Feb 2020 — Your Kirklees Pinta? Changes in Local Dairy Farming 1850-2020 — Jo Stanley
- 30 Mar 2020 — “The Play Must Go On”: 100 Years of the Huddersfield Thespians — Huddersfield Thespians
- 27 Apr 2020 — Annual Luddite Memorial Lecture — Prof Edward Royle
- 18 May 2020 — Telling Their Stories: ‘Shell-Shocked’ Ex-Servicemen in Storthes Hall Mental Hospital, 1924-1931 — Alice Brumby
The Lecture Theatre is located on the ground floor of the building marked “03” on the university campus map (PDF).
Blue Badge holders can park on-campus, otherwise the Indoor Market multi-storey car park is only a short walk away from the Lecture Theatre.
To look back at previous seasons, click here.
For details of all upcoming events, including those by other local societies, please see the Upcoming Events Calendar.