The Huddersfield Local History Society (HLHS) is a membership organisation.
This page explains how we use personal data.
The following details of our membership are held by us:
- postal address
- email address (if provided)
- telephone number (if provided)
The above details are used for the following purposes:
- to resolve any issues with an individual’s membership or renewal
- posting of relevant materials to members, including the annual Journal
- to provide members with details of HLHS events
- to email members a copy of the HLHS monthly newsletter
- to contact members at short notice (e.g. if a HLHS event is unexpectedly cancelled)
- to remind members when it is time to renew membership
Personal details are not shared with any third party company or organisation.
The society’s data retention policy is that we retain personal details for no longer than two years after an individual’s membership lapses. Should you wish us to delete all data pertaining to you prior to that date, please contact the society’s secretary (email@example.com).
For the purposes of allowing web site visitors to purchase items sold by the society (including the payment of the membership fee), the following data is required at the checkout stage:
- email address
- postal address
- telephone number
When purchasing items from the web site, this data is only used to:
- post physical items to the buyer
- email electronic items (such as e-books) to the buyer
- contact the buyer if there is a problem with the order or to update the buyer on the progress of their order
To ensure that the society can resolve any issues with ordered items (such as items being lost in the post or the buyer subsequently discovering a problem with an item), details of all orders are retained for a minimum of 3 months before being deleted.
When joining or renewing membership via the web site, the data is used for the purposes explained above in the Members section.