The Society publishes an annual Journal, which welcomes contributions on all aspects of Huddersfield history. The 2019/20 issue is now on sale to the public.
2020/21: Issue 31
To order the print copy at £5.75 including UK postage, please write to HLHS, 24 Sunnybank Rd, Huddersfield, HD3 3DE, enclosing a cheque payable to Huddersfield Local History Society. Overseas purchasers should use the contact form before ordering so that we can advise you on postage cost.
If you would prefer to order online using PayPal, the journal is available in both print and electronic formats. Please note that UK postage will be calculated at the checkout for the paperback edition. If ordering from overseas, the PDF version incurs no additional costs and can be downloaded immediately, otherwise if ordering the print copy please contact us first so that we can provide a quote for the postage costs.
Paperback (excluding postage)
Contents of Issue 31
- Chair’s Letter: Notes from Isolation (Cyril Pearce)
- Your Journey, Your History (Robert Piggott)
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Partnership Pages
- Discover Huddersfield
- Kirklees Heritage Forum
- Edward Law History Prize
- Huddersfield and the Peterloo Massacre (Janette Martin)
- ‘Defeat at His Own Hand’: Joseph Woodhead and the 1893 Huddersfield Bye-Election (David Green)
- From the Army Drill onto the Factory Shift: History of the Sufi-Muslims in Dewsbury (Waseem Riaz)
- Linthwaite’s Suffragist (Liz Quinn)
- Learning from Oral History: Growing up in a Working-Class Community (Michael George)
- Joshua Hobson and the Leeds Mercury (John Halstead)
- Nathan Haigh (Heather Wheeler)
- Changing Farm Communities in the Huddersfield Environs 1900-2018 (Don Jones and Jo Stanley)
BOOK NOTICES & REVIEWS
- Peter Hurst, Mark McCabe, Alan Brooke & Christine Verguson
OBITUARIES AND DEATH NOTICES
- Malcolm Chase (1957-2020)
Recent Back Issues
Recent back issues can be ordered at £1.00 each (excluding p&p for the paperback version), using the buttons below.
Issue 30 (2019/20) — contents page
Issue 29 (2018/19) — contents page
Issue 28 (2017/18) — contents page
Out of Stock
Issue 27 (2016/17) — contents page
The Society has made its back run of older newsletters and journals available to download for free.